Ductoagathoxylon jimsarense M. Wan, W. Yang, L.-J. Liu, Jun Wang bis Rev. Palaeobot. Palynol., 241: 16. 20 Feb 2017
- Ductoagathoxylon jimsarense
- Original spelling
- Generic Name
- [Genus] Ductoagathoxylon
- Authors (Pub.)
- Wan M.
- Ductoagathoxylon jimsarensis gen. nov. et sp. nov., a gymnospermous stem from the Wuchiapingian (upper Permian) Wutonggou Formation in the Junggar Basin, northern Bogda Mountains, northwestern China [2017/2]
- Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology
- Page number
- Fossil Status
- stems (wood)
- Strat. comment
- Wutonggou Formation
- Dalongkou, Jimsar County, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous
- Kazakhstania (Xinjiang)
Data for Holotypus
- Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanjing, China
- Repository Number
- PB 22283, and thin sections PB22283–1 to PB22283–22
- Woody tree, stem eustelic. Pith solid, circular,
heterocellular, with numerous peripherally isolated or clustered secretory
ducts and cells, and parenchyma. Primary xylem strands endarch
to mesarch. Tracheids of primary xylem with helical and scalariform
thickenings. Secondary xylem pycnoxylic, composed of tracheids and
parenchymatous rays. Tracheids rounded or polygonal, sometimes
squarish in transverse section. Radial pits uniseriate to tetraseriate,
commonly biseriate to triseriate, contiguous and alternately arranged.
Bordered pits circular to hexagonal in outline with rounded to oval apertures.
Rays commonly uniseriate, rarely biseriate, 1–12 cells high. Ray
parenchymatous cells procumbent, rectangular. Cross-field pitting
araucarioid-type. Each cross-field with 5–22, mostly 6–12 pits. Crossfield
pits oval to circular, borderedwith circular to elliptically oval apertures.
Axial xylem parenchyma and ray tracheids absent.